What a year 2020 has been. Covid-19 related restrictions on face-to-face gatherings required that we pivot to online GIS instruction early this year. To ensure that our students receive the same value we have tailored the King County GIS training program to the new instructor-led but remote-learning environment.
The King County GIS Center’s 2021 GIS training calendar includes new small-group, instructor-led, online classes through December of next year. Our students find that instructor-led online training in small groups (no more than seven students) provides the ideal learning environment for developing hands-on GIS skills. Register for KCGIS training today!
Here is our current 2021 ArcGIS Pro training schedule, grouped by beginner-level, transitional level, and intermediate and advanced. Click on each class for an overview, topics covered, prerequisites and recommendations, a list of what you will receive, and a link to register online.
Beginner-level ArcGIS Pro:
- Introduction to ArcGIS Pro – February 9-10
- Introduction to ArcGIS Pro – April 20-21
- Introduction to ArcGIS Pro – September 21-22
- Introduction to ArcGIS Pro – December 14-15
Transition to ArcGIS Pro for experienced GIS users:
- ArcGIS Pro Quick-Start for the GIS Professional – January 12-13
- ArcGIS Pro Quick-Start for the GIS Professional – June 8-9
- ArcGIS Pro Quick-Start for the GIS Professional – October 19-20
Intermediate and advanced level ArcGIS Pro:
- Intermediate ArcGIS Pro – March 16-18
- Advanced ArcGIS Pro (NEW) – May 11-13
- Intermediate ArcGIS Pro – November 16-18
The KCGIS Training Program is King County’s multi-faceted approach to providing standardized and custom training options to meet the educational needs of new and seasoned GIS professionals. We offer a mix of learning opportunities, which includes ArcGIS Pro® classes, custom King County GIS Training Express™ classes, free one-hour workshops, and specialized classes offered by our GIS training partners.
Our ArcGIS Pro classes are taught live, but online via Zoom while COVID-19 related restrictions keep our Seattle Training Center closed. After you register, you will be contacted by the instructor to verify the delivery address for your copy of the TeachMeGIS student workbook and to discuss the configuration of your own computer to use during the training session.. You will also be provided with the Zoom login credentials.
All KCGIS training students also receive:
- 15 hours of instruction for 2-day classes and 22.5 hours of instruction for 3-day classes, from a CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT).
- Online sessions: attendees must provide own computer and ArcGIS Pro software, appropriate Student license and access to training data will be provided.
- A TeachMeGIS student workbook (to keep) which includes the lecture slides, exercises, and a DVD of the training data.
- Upon completion, a signed completion certificate which will indicate the CEUs and GISCI points earned.
- KCGIS Center’s 30 for 30 Support—30 minutes of phone, email, or face-to-face support within 30 days after class completion. This is our commitment to you to help ensure that you can apply your new GIS skills successfully.